The Church was chartered and the name changed to New Gethsemane Baptist Church.1945:
Relocated to 1516 Parrish St. where Rev. Amos Turner served until his resignation in 1947.1947-1958:
Rev. Woody Gray, Rev. Pervis McKenny, Rev. E. W. Wiley, and Rev. Wallace Caldwell joined.1958:
Rev. Samuel B. Jordan, Sr., is called to pastor thirty four members, including two deacons.1964:
Relocated to 917 E Chelten Ave with a $75,000 mortgage.1969:
Cornerstone laid and mortgage burned.1982:
The Church continued to grow and we started an 8:00 a.m. service.1985:
Ground breaking for our new edifice.